Monday, 14 July 2008

Bus Strikes

Well...Malta has ground to a bit of a halt because the hearses are on strike. Today the bus and cab drivers joined in the shenanigans and brought everything to a bit of a grinding halt. So-much-so that the Government have seen fit to provide 13 emergency bus services as of tomorrow. This does throw an interesting slant on my trip. I've been a big supporter of the transport system out there. The fact that a) they have one b) it gets to most parts of the island reasonably efficiently and c) it's so bloody affordable it makes me quite giddy just thining about it. However that's not the general feeling in Malta. I feel that if they spent some time in North East Kent they may revise their thoughts about their 'tardy' bus service. Reading their complaints though I think I would be quite frustrated - the bus drivers, apparently, make it up as they go along. However, the original strike was nothing to do with them - I'm not even sure they know why they're striking! Hopefully it'll all be resolved by the end of the week.

No comments: